Overview of Benchmark and LEP Requirements
- Neuroscience students must complete specific benchmark courses for two benchmark reviews.
- LEP gateway courses are the benchmark courses for the first benchmark review (45 credit review). Additional courses are needed for the second benchmark review (75 credit review).
- Benchmark courses must be passed with a C- or better.
- Students must maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA (LEP requirement).
- Students may repeat only one gateway course (details on lep.umd.edu).
- Failure to meet benchmark and/or LEP requirements will lead to dismissal from the major.
Benchmark Courses and Review Terms
Direct admit freshmen: Complete by 3rd semester in major
Transfer students: Complete before entry into major
- MATH135 or 140
- BSCI160&161 (formerly BSCI106)
- BSCI 170&171 (formerly BSCI105)
Direct admit freshmen: Complete by 5th semester in major
Transfer students: Complete by 2nd semester in major
- Supporting MATH course (MATH135&136 or MATH140&135 or MATH140&141)
08/26/2020 - 10:50 pm