Requirements for Completion of the Honors Program:
- Register for a total of at least 9 honors research credits (NEUR379H/479H) with their mentor and conduct proposed honors thesis research for at least 3 semesters.
- 6-9 averaged hours/week
- Register for honors seminar (NEUR398H) each semester, and fulfill each semester’s requirements.
- Submit thesis proposal at the start of 2nd semester (see Guidelines for NEUR Honors Research Proposal)
- Submit a research progress report at the end of each semester
- Progress report should include: 1. a review of experimental plans proposed from the previous semester; 2. a summary of what has worked and what has not; 3. plans for the next semester
- Establish a thesis committee of 3 faculty (the semester before defense)
- Committee will be composed of the mentor and two other faculty members (open to all ranks).
- A mentor can be tenure track (TTK) or professional track (PTK–but not post-docs). Post-docs can be co-mentors.
- Mentors must be able to provide all materials and support for the student to complete their projects.
- Complete honors thesis with thesis defense presentation
- The written document must be submitted at least two weeks before the date of thesis defense to research mentor and one week before to thesis committee
- Defend by the last day of class of the last semester
- Be actively involved in leadership or volunteerism in the NEUR program
- Present at NEUR showcase day
- Assist with program open house and recruitment or tutoring.
Additional Requirement for High Honors:
- GPA of at least 3.75
- Complete an honors thesis of exceptionally high quality as determined by the thesis committee
02/22/2022 - 4:30 pm